Valve Cover Improvements

I started with a spare set of valve covers so I was able to take my time with this.  First step was to strip them with some air craft stripper.  Once stripped, I used some Dupli-Color Primer to base things.

Once the primer was on I switched to the Dupli-Color Aluminum color for a base. For the raised letters and numbers I used Dupli-Color Blue and Black paints.  Obviously spraying the letters would require a ton of masking, so I went with a different approach.  I sprayed the highlight colors into some cups, and then applied it with Make Up Sponges.  Just dipping and dabbing it into place.  It worked pretty well.  Where I made a couple mistakes I was able to wipe off excess with some Q-tips then touch up with the base color and make up sponges.

Related posts

Leave a Comment